Recently, my aunt found lots of old photos in her house and she borrowed me to have a look. Those are photos of my dad and siblings when they were young. Then, I found something I never thought I would have the chance to see: A photo taken in the year of 1952
They are my grandparents (paternal)
This is my grandfather:
I was very stunned when I first saw those photos.
My grandparents were very very old when I was born. And they died soon when I was still very little. I always remember them as very old and couldn't even speak and listen clearly. But their love for us were great. They tried to help us and make us happy in their own ways although they were too sick to even walk around much. Sad to say, I was too little to appreciate what they tried to offer. I didn't really take them for granted, but I didn't know to be thankful and appreciative when they were still alive. As I grow up, I always ask questions about my ancestors and how did they live, but I don't really have someone to give me a first hand answer. I wish my grandparents are still here. I miss them.
Now that they're gone, their photos are here to tell us about their tales that they didn't have the chance to tell us. Unlike tales found in The History of Penang, they are tales about the ones who loved me.
4 comments:
Like this blog entry and like the new name of ur blog too..
ur grandpa was handsome! *point to 3rd photo*
alex: hehe. thanks man.
yun: yeah!! like one of those singers! haha!
hmm.
Post a Comment